Additional Senior Services & Programs
North Shore Elder Services offers a wide variety of programs and services for older individuals on the North Shore of Massachusetts. We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and are available to talk with you today to find the right programs and services to meet your needs.
Service Plans may include the following:
- Adaptive Equipment
- Adult Day Care
- Bathing Assistance
- Grocery Shopping
- Home Delivered Meals
- Light Cleaning
Some of North Shore Elder Services flagship programs include:
Home Care Services are available to meet the needs of elders and persons with disabilities. A variety of senior services are available to maintain independence at home, such as: personal care and homemaking; home delivered meals; personal emergency response; companion; laundry; caregiver respite; and more. As part of an interdisciplinary team, a care manager assesses an individual’s needs, then develops and monitors the plan of care. Several programs offer an increased level of services for frail elders at home to prevent nursing facility placement or to safely transition individuals from the nursing facility back into their homes.
Nutrition Program provides Home Delivered Meals to qualified North Shore residents age 60 or older who are home-bound and unable to prepare their own meals. Senior Dining locations throughout the North Shore offer older adults an opportunity to share a hot nutritious meal with good company.
Over the Rainbow Dinner Club, part of North Shore Elder Services’ Over the Rainbow Coalition, is an event for our LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) elders on the North Shore meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the House of the Seven Gables in Salem, MA at 5:00 pm.
Other Senior Services include:
- Protective Services investigates reports of elders who are being abused, exploited, neglected, or self-abusing.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman program advocates for nursing home and rest home residents, helping to ensure their problems and concerns are addressed.
- Money Management program is an in-home service in which trained volunteers assist low income elders who have difficulty writing checks, balancing checkbooks and/or managing household finances.
- The SHINE program provides free health insurance information, counseling, and assistance to Massachusetts residents with Medicare and their caregivers.
- The Care Transitions Program empowers consumers to take control of their health conditions. It is designed to improve the continuity of care for persons with chronic conditions across different health settings.
- Housing Options include shared living in local supportive living and congregate residences.
- Mobility Management connects older adults with reliable, affordable rides to doctors’ offices and major medical centers.
- Options Counseling is a short-term decision support as individuals weigh various long-term options and determine a plan for their present and/or future needs.
- Health Benefits Advice services provide unbiased, up-to-date health insurance information.
- Group Adult Foster Care and Adult Family Care assists individuals with disabilities who are on Mass Health and live in housing to maintain their independence through daily personal care services provided by a vendor.
- Senior Care Options (SCO) is a comprehensive health plan that covers all of the services that can be paid for under Medicare and MassHealth through a senior care organization.
- Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provides adult day care and other community-based care and services to individual’s age 55 and older whom might otherwise need nursing home care.
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) concentrates on assisting individuals with long-term disabilities to help them live independently at home.