Do more than respect your elders, protect them.
North Shore Elder Services protective service caseworkers investigate allegations of abuse or neglect of individuals aged 60 or over. If you think that a loved one or another elder you know is being subjected to any kind of abuse, please call Protective Services. With the elder’s consent, caseworkers will investigate the situation and provide crisis intervention or short term case management if needed.
Call the Protective Services Hotline at (800) 922-2275 on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If the Situation is an Emergency, Dial 9-1-1 immediately.
- Physical abuse
- Mental or emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Caretaker neglect
- General fear
- Unexplained injuries or bruises
- Pressure sores, weakness
- Malnourishment or dehydration
- Unusual banking or credit activity
- Inability accessing personal funds
- Hazardous/unsanitary living conditions
- Refusal to take medication
- Inadequate nutrition or hygiene
- Trouble managing finances
Anyone over the age of 60 is protected by elder abuse laws. The Elder Protective Services program is mandated as well as funded by the state of Massachusetts. By law, a competent older adult maintains their right to refuse outside intervention.
File a Report