North Shore Elder Services is an innovative and collaboratively-oriented not for profit organization employing about 100 social workers, nurses, protective services workers, and administrative staff, as well as engaging more than 200 volunteers. We are designated as an Aging Services Access Point (ASAP) and an Area Agency on Aging (AAA) by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
This year, we have been recognized as the “Nonprofit of the Year” by the Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce. We provide a challenging, yet rewarding work environment with a focus on professional learning. Regular training and continuing education opportunities are offered as well as clinical supervision for social work licensure. Our offices are spacious with excellent exposure to natural light and are easily accessible from Routes 1, 128 and 95.
For full time employees (35 hours per week), benefits include three weeks’ vacation in the first year, paid sick leave and wellness time, and 12 holidays per year; group medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings, flexible scheduling, and more.
Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all submissions. Please no phone calls. AA/EOE
Current Employment Opportunities
Home Delivered Meals Driver – 15 hours per week
The Home Delivered Meals driver transports Home Delivered Meals to home-bound elders and community members with a disability within a specific geographic area. Upon meal delivery, the driver confirms that the consumer is home and reports any unusual circumstances. In this way, the driver provides a wellness check for the consumer and serves as a link between North Shore Elder Services and the consumer.
- Basic knowledge of English and ability to interpret written and oral instructions. Ability to write.
- Must have own transportation, current driver’s license and must show proof of automobile insurance with a minimum liability coverage of $20,000/$40,000
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to listen effectively, and respond to consumers and related parties in a supportive manner
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good time management and effective communication skills
Site Coordinator – 20 hours per week
The Site Coordinator oversees the documentation and delivery of Home Delivered Meals (HDM) to home bound elders and community members living with a disability. The Site Coordinator provides guidance to the HDM Drivers based on management direction, and serves as a link between North Shore Elder Services and the consumer.
- Able to read, write, understand, and interpret Basic English.
- Must have own transportation, current driver’s license and must show proof of automobile insurance with a minimum liability coverage of $20,000/$40,000.
- Listens effectively and responds to consumers, related parties, and HDM team in a supportive
- Exhibits sound judgment, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Plans ahead and keeps accurate records.
- Works collaboratively.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, twisting, walking, climbing.