Who We Are and How We Help
North Shore Elder Services is a team of specialists making life easier for elders and those who care for them. We offer information, support, and solutions. Our specialists are experts in elder care. With nearly four decades of experience, North Shore Elder Services has provided thousands of families with assistance. Whether simple answers to questions or complex guidance, our staff of specially trained elder care experts is ready to help. We offer support to elders and those who care for them. We provide personal assistance with compassion and understanding. We offer a wide variety of services and programs to meet elder care needs.
Our Certified Information and Referral Specialists are skilled in helping you find information about elder care services and aging issues. With access to hundreds of elder care resources, our caring and knowledgeable staff is ready to provide callers with:
- Advice about setting up elder care services, planning for long-term care, and other sensitive issues.
- Care Management by social service and nursing professionals offering individualized assessments and services. On-going support and coordination ensures an elder’s needs are met.
- Decision Support through the vast network of elder care services and resources.
- Elders in Crisis workers investigate reports of elder abuse and neglect
- Family Caregiver Support empowers caregivers by providing information, education and services.
- Home Care Services include a number of options such as housekeeping, home delivered meals, personal care and more.
- Home Delivered Meals are available to qualified North Shore residents age 60 or older who are home bound and unable to prepare meals on their own.
- Information on any age- related issue, elder care services, community programs, and more.
- Money Management assists qualified elders with personal financial tasks such as bill paying and check writing.
- Nursing Home and Community Care Ombudsmen protects the rights and entitlements of elders residing in nursing homes.
- Referrals to local and out-of-state providers of health care, in-home assistance, and other professional services.
- Seminars conducted by an experienced staff member for businesses or community groups who want to learn more about elder care.
- Senior Dining locations throughout the North Shore offer older adults an opportunity to share a hot nutritious meal with good company.